Making and Receiving
Telephone Calls
Performance
criteria
Make
calls, you must be able to :
- Identify the purpose of the call
- Obtain the name and numbers of the person to be contacted
- Make contact with the person
- Communicate information to achieve the purpose of the call
- Summarise the outcomes of the conversation before ending the call
- Report telephone system faults to the appropriate colleague
Receive
calls, you must be able to :
- Answer the telephone according to organizational procedures
- Project a positive image of self and the organization
- Identify the caller. Where they are calling from and what they need
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information to callers while protecting confidentiality and security
- Take and pass on messages according to caller’s needs
- Deal with problems in handling calls, referring to the appropriate person where necessary
Knowledge
and understanding
You
need to know and understand :
- the different features of telephone systems and how to use them
- organization structures and communication channels within an organization
- how to follow organizational procedures when making and receiving calls
- the types of information that could affect confidentiality and security and how to handle these
- how to identify problems and who to refer them to
- how to report telephone systems faults
Make
calls, you need to know and understand :
- the different methods that can be used to obtain the names and numbers of people that need to be contacted
- how to use telephone systems to make contact with people inside and outside the organization
Receive
calls, you need to know and understand :
- how to identify the caller and their needs
example
dialogue :
Receptionist
: JNE Express. Good Morning. How can I help you?
Caller : Could I speak to Ms Elyn, please?
Receptionist : Who’s calling please?
Caller : This is Felisha from Shinta Collection
Receptionist : Sorry, I didn’t get your name.
Caller : Felisha. That’s FELISHA.
Receptionist : Thank you. And where are you calling from?
Caller : Shinta Collection.
Receptionist : OK Ms Felisha. I’ll try and put you through. … I’m sorry but the line’s busy. Would you like to hold?
Caller : Could I leave a message?
Receptionist : Certainly.
Caller : Could you tell Ms Elyn that our shipment will be postponed and that the 200 cases ordered should arrive next Monday.
Receptionist : Shipment delayed … arriving next Monday.
Caller : Yes, and could you ask him to call me back when the shipment arrives?
Receptionist : Certainly. Could you give me your number please?
Caller : Yes, it’s 47899
Receptionist : That’s 0-7-6-1-4-6-8-9-9
Caller : Yes, that’s right. Thanks for your help. Goodbye
Receptionist : Goodbye.
Caller : Could I speak to Ms Elyn, please?
Receptionist : Who’s calling please?
Caller : This is Felisha from Shinta Collection
Receptionist : Sorry, I didn’t get your name.
Caller : Felisha. That’s FELISHA.
Receptionist : Thank you. And where are you calling from?
Caller : Shinta Collection.
Receptionist : OK Ms Felisha. I’ll try and put you through. … I’m sorry but the line’s busy. Would you like to hold?
Caller : Could I leave a message?
Receptionist : Certainly.
Caller : Could you tell Ms Elyn that our shipment will be postponed and that the 200 cases ordered should arrive next Monday.
Receptionist : Shipment delayed … arriving next Monday.
Caller : Yes, and could you ask him to call me back when the shipment arrives?
Receptionist : Certainly. Could you give me your number please?
Caller : Yes, it’s 47899
Receptionist : That’s 0-7-6-1-4-6-8-9-9
Caller : Yes, that’s right. Thanks for your help. Goodbye
Receptionist : Goodbye.
References
:
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar