Sabtu, 25 November 2017

EXCHANGING INFORMATION


SHOWING UNDERSTANDING AND SUGGESTING SOLUTIONS




Showing understanding and suggesting solutions
Business Result


Starting at the top one, take turns explaining your situation to your partner and responding to theirsuggestions about what you should do.

Situation 1
You’ve applied for three promotions and didn’t get any because your English isn’t
good enough, but the company hardly ever pays for English courses.


Your company rarely or never advertises jobs internally, and sometimes long after advertising themexternally.


Situation 2
Your project manager only gives negative feedback.


Annual appraisals don’t always happen, perhaps because the managers don’t
like doing them.


Some managers have bad communication skills.


Situation 3
You only got one week of training when you first joined the company, and nothing since then.


I can rarely ask my colleagues questions because I am always out visiting customers.


All my projects are very different, so it’s difficult to be an expert in all those
different things.


Situation 4
People don’t work together as a team. There’s an Employee of the Month award,
but it just makes people more selfish.


All the situations above are actually in one company. Work together to decide how the company’s systems should be changed.


Suggestion (Saran)
1.      Would you be so kind enough + to + Verb
Contoh Kalimat:
Would you be so kind enough to go with me?
(Artinya: Maukah anda berbaik hati untuk pergi dengan saya?)
Would you be so kind enough to help me?
(Artinya: Maukah anda berbaik hati untuk menolong saya?)
Etc.
2.      I would be very grateful if you would …
Contoh Kalimat:
I would be very grateful if you would come to my party.
(Artinya: Saya akan sangat senang sekali jika anda mau dating ke pestaku)
I would be very grateful if you would help me to finish this task.
(Artinya: Saya akan sangat senang sekali jika anda mau membantu saya menyelesaikan tugas ini)
I would be grateful if you would be here.
(Artinya: Saya akan sangat senang sekali jika kamu ada disini)
Etc.
3.      How/ what about + Gerund (Verb+ ing) …
Contoh Kalimat:
How about dancing? (Artinya: Bagaimana kalau kita berdansa?)
What about watching TV? (Artinya: Bagaimana kalau kita menonton TV?)
Etc.
4.      Suppose
Contoh Kalimat:
Suppose you agree with my idea.
(Artinya: Mungkin kamu setuju dengan pendapat saya)
Suppose you can leave now.
(Artinya: Mungkin kamu dapat pergi sekarang)
Etc.
5.      Perhaps you would
Contoh Kalimat:
Perhaps you would accept my proposal.
(Artinya: Mungkin kamu mau menerima lamaranku)
Perhaps you would have a dinner with me.
(Artinya: Mungkin anda mau makan malam denganku)
Etc.
Untuk informasi selengkapnya, kami sarankan silahkan baca juga artikel kami mengenai:
Giving Suggestion Menggunakan “Could, Let’s, Why Don’t, Shall I/ We” atau
Giving Suggestion Menggunakan “Should, Ought to, dan Had Better”.
1.      Advice (Nasehat)
2.      Menggunakan modal auxiliaries “Must, Ought to, and Should”.
Contoh Kalimat:
You must take care of yourself carefully!
(Artinya: Kamu harus menjaga dirimu sendiri dengan hati-hati)
You ought to write a letter to me not to her.
(Artinya; Kamu seharusnya menulis surat untukku bukan untuknya)
You should study hard.
(Artinya: Kamu seharusnya belajar dengan giat)
Etc.
2.      If I were you I should + Verb
Contoh Kalimat:
If I were you I should work at the hospital.
(Artinya: JIka saya jadi kamu saya akan bekerja di rumah sakit)
If I were you I should take English course.
(Artinya: JIka saya jadi kamu saya akan kursus Bahasa Inggris)
Etc.
3.      You had better + Verb
Contoh Kalimat:
You had better brush your teeth. (Artinya: Kamu lebih baik menggosok gigimu)
You had better refuse this job. (Artinya: Kamu lebih baik menolak pekerjaan ini)
Etc.
4.      Why don’t you + Verb …
Contoh Kalimat:
Why don’t you sit down beside me?
(Artinya: Mengapa kamu tidak duduk di dekatku?)
Why don’t you go home now?
(Artinya: Mengapa kamu tidak pulang sekarang?)
Etc.
5.      It’s time you + Verb 2 (Past Form)
Contoh Kalimat:
It’s time you said the truth.
(Artinya: ini saatnya kamu mengatakan yang sesungguhnya)
It’s time you stopped smoking.
(Artinya: ini saatnya kamu berhenti merokok)

DAFTAR PUSTAKA




Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar