Senin, 20 November 2017

MEETINGS (asking for and giving opinions)

Asking For and Giving Opinions

  • Opinion includes  the words of opinion and argument/ reasons.
  • Opinion dialogue is a dialog consists of two persons or more who have opinion each others. It can use the expressions, such as in my opinion, in my view, I think etc.
  • Argument dialogue is a dialog that states the arguments or reasons. It can use the words such as first, second etc for arranging arguments.
Asking opinion : 
Formal :
  • Have you got any comments on …..
  • Do you have any idea?
  • Do you have any opinion on ……
  • Would you give me your opinion on……….?
  • What is your reaction to ……
  • What is your opinion about……….?
  • What are you feeling about………….?
  • What are your views on……….?
  • Please give me your frank opinion?
Informal:
  • What do you think of…….?
  • What do you think about………?
  • What is your opinion?
  • Why do they behave like that?
  • Do you think it’s going?
  • How do you like?
  • How was the trip?
  • How do you think of Rina’s idea ?
  • How do you feel about this dicition?
Giving opinion

Formal :
  • I personally believe …..
  • I personally consider ….
  • I personally think /feel ….
  • I hold the opinion ….
  • My own view of the matter is ……
  • Well, personally …….
  • If I had my view, I would …..
Informal
  • I think I like it.
  • I don’t think I care for it.
  • I think it’s good/nice/terrific……..
  • I think that awful/ not nice/ terrible…………
  • I don’t think much of it.
  • I think that……..
  • In my opinion, I would rather……….
  • In my case …..
  • What I’m more concerned with ….
  • What I have in my mind is………
  • The way I see is that…………
  • No everyone will agree with me, but ….
  • To my mind …..
  • From my point of view ….
Dialog Example
Mr. Zoe  :  What do you think of my new house?
Shane     :  It is beautiful. I think. Oh you have many novels in your new house.
Mr. Zoe  :  Yeah, some. I like Andrea Hirata’s novels.
Shane     :  How do you feel about Andrea Hirata’s novels ?
Mr. Zoe  :  I feel they are great novels.
Shane     :  Yes, you are right. I think it is going to rain.
Mr. Zoe  : I don’t think so. Look outside at the sky! It’s so clear. No clouds there.
Shane     : But I watched the weather forecast yesterday. It said that today is going
to rain. OK Mr. Zoe see you.

Daftar Pustaka
https://nurinuryani.wordpress.com/expressions/expressions-ii-senior-high-school-grade-xi/asking-giving-opinion/

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar